Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Finding life at the dead sea

A last minute escape for the weekend brought P Bonez and I to the Dead Sea. I can’t tell you how much this weekend was needed. When I was in college, I never explored nor desired weekends away. I would spend all my free time working to pay for my general expenses. Staying up late with knots in my back, carrying trays for a living.

There is something priceless about walking into a sparse cold room, double the size of your own bedroom, and having a bathroom freshly cleaned and waiting for you to pour a long warm bath. This experience was lightly delayed due to our initial room smelling like an ashtray. In Israel, it is still legal to smoke in hotel rooms. The Le Meridien hotel allows smoking in all rooms, so it’s really a luck of the draw. Luckily, our draw landed us in an even better room than before. With a larger bathroom and a massive patio peeking over the salt water pools below and a light view of the dead sea.

Aside from P Bonez forcing us to order massages, the first day has already been a satisfying swim, massive breakfast and a float in the salt pool. A popular destination for German tourists, I’ve been able to soak in some German TV and catch up on my literary reading. The bed is so big that we couldn’t find one another when we woke up this morning. P Bonez had to text his coordinates and we were able to discover one another’s location.

Happy Weekend to us.



3 Comments:

At 6/30/2010 11:45 AM, Blogger 致念致念 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。......................................................................

 
At 7/04/2010 4:42 AM, Blogger 佳順佳順 said...

人有兩眼一舌,是為了觀察倍於說話的緣故。............................................................

 
At 7/08/2010 5:54 AM, Blogger 王名仁 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

 

Post a Comment