Monday, June 21, 2010

16 Weeks

This morning I didn't even hear my alarm. Granted, every morning it usually goes off at 5:40 a.m, I am one of those people who wake up the moment the first sound is emitted from my Nokia.
.
Pregnancy is doing that to me.
.
Summer has joined the Doring-Preston household in such a fashion that we're already playing catch up with our lives. P Bonez and myself are knee deep in freelance work so much that we haven't showered in 5 days. There's the constant buzzing of the Vuvuzela in our brains, in our souls and banging our heads against the couch in unison has not helped.
.
Aside from that, The force is growing inside and my belly is beginning to pop out, especially after lunch. This new found look has illicited unwanted comments, especially from my coworker who said the following in one mouthfull just yesterday:

"When I was pregnant with twins I wasn't showing as much as you are right now"
.
"I told you to watch yourself, I can tell you're going to get really really really big."
.
".....and then it's going to be really really hard to lose the weight".
.
Flabbergasted, I didn't know how to respond except that I have gained the normal chart gain for a 16 week pregnancy. Today however, that initial shock has worn off and now i'm just fuming. If you put a mirror again my ear it will fog up from the steam. I guess I just didn't think normal humans would talk that way to someone else, but welcome to Israel, where it's encouraged to act like a monkey.
.
Don't believe me?
.
Look at our politicans.

3 Comments:

At 6/23/2010 4:33 AM, Blogger Aubrey said...

People are crazy.

 
At 6/27/2010 5:38 AM, Blogger 姜志銘 said...

欣賞是一種美德~回應是最大的支持^^....................................................................

 
At 6/27/2010 5:39 AM, Blogger 木堯木堯 said...

生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。......................................................................

 

Post a Comment