Sunday, January 24, 2010

Our pup ist ein Furzer. I came home today to find another chew toy victim, stuffing decorating our terracotta tiles. Henk and his playmate, Hazel have obviously been terrorizing the chew toys in our absence, but at least they can do it as a team- which brings some warmth to my dog owner-heart.
.
The warmth in Jerusalem however has left the city and has been replaced with bone chilling wind. My left nostril is running like the Thames and has crusted over to protect itself. It was suggested at work that I simply stuff it with tissue and watch football on TV. Instead, I bought some gentle face lotion filled with avocado and honey and I rub it slowly, singing random tunes that are off key because I have coughed my angelic voice hoarse.
.
I am fantasizing about Israel's long summer days, where vitamin D replaces my need for sleep and the salt is heavy in the air. Where I can sweat and clean out my sebaceous glands by a simple power walk around the block. If I am fire and P Bonez is water, that means our favourite place as a couple should be at the beach in the middle of summer, or standing behind a grill with one foot in the water bucket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment