Tuesday, September 01, 2009

R.I.P

Life is a feather, blowing in the wind. At one moment we're holding on to it and the next moment it blows away, caught by the air around it. Death becomes a feeling, a symptom almost, we react to it individually and uniquely, an incident that is not to be reckoned with. We tip toe and take the information in, we process it and what comes out in the language we speak is a far cry from the palpitations our heart is trying to convey.
.
Tonight I think of Tulsa and I think of the crowd I grew up with. I am reminded of Tulsa because a friend has passed, and although he was a bear of a man, his life was a feather that was caught in the wind and blew away. It seemed unexpected and the only reason I found out when I did was because of social networking and once again, I am reminded of how complex and quick our lives can be.
,
I can only think of the mother of his unborn child and what she must be going through right now. I think of his sister I was in University with and his cousins who I spent Oklahoma summers with. I think of them because I know how hard they are hurting right now. I think of them because I know what their confusion is and how painful this time must be, i think of them and I am channeling my thoughts to them during this hard time.
.
I am reminded of Tulsa tonight and her hot summers and the innocence that once plagued us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment