Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Ripe

Summer is in full swing. Tel Aviv days are blind with sun and the drips of sweat falling from my forehead. Jerusalem still promises a cool night if you place yourself between the open window and a fan. Gazpacho soup is always made at the beginning of the week for a summer cool down full of nutrients and our calendar keeps filling itself up with other peoples summer vacations, birthdays, L'chaim's and all around good news.

I am often surprised we do it all without a car, something I would have never thought of in my past life. Now, when I stand under the shower, I often ponder whether maybe it is better to not have a car and rely on public transportation. Perhaps the money saved is worth it. I am still trying to work out if time and convinience is priceless.
.
Aside from that no news is good news. I have begun the ongoing search of finding more time particularly in the sleep chapter of my life, and often think about how Israel is always in-between avocado season. They are either too ripe or too brown by the time they hit the stands. It seems that this polarization exists in most aspects of the place I call home.

3 Comments:

At 6/23/2009 7:50 PM, Blogger Aubrey said...

Have you tried the paper bag trick with avocados? Throw unripe ones in a bag with apples and bananas and give them a day to make friends. It works awesome with pears. :) Peace.

 
At 6/25/2009 9:15 AM, Blogger The Ginrod said...

i have! only with bananas! but they are so rock hard it takes many days!

 
At 7/02/2009 9:06 AM, Blogger Jazzica said...

good advice aubrey!!! i know that trick too...

 

Post a Comment