Thursday, May 21, 2009

Summer time in the Holy City

Writing is a bit like exercising. It is most effective when practiced often. This week, I have taken to practicing both. Although exercising would definitely be more Utilitarian if we saw the results within a week. I'm eating nuts here OK?

This developing consecutive habit is a result of the summer. Can you feel my summer glow radiating from your computer screen? Can you feel my summer heart beating on your mouse? When the summer comes I suddenly transformed into a busty tanned blond didn't you know?
.
I am strangely reminded of my apartment in Northern Thailand, when I would wake up to crisp mornings and cold floors. It's no wonder I've already taken on to storing the refrigerator with fruit here in Jerusalem, that was common behavior in Chiang Rai. The only difference was: I would make my fruit into Popsicles in Thailand. It was too humid midday for anything else.
.
The summer has made me treat water bottles like a cow's udder. providing an instatiable amount of water to my chapped lips.
.
The summer brings lilac incense into our bedroom to ward off the the itchy stings of the mosquitoes.
.
The summer brings blond highlights into my hair and redyes the other bit a dark brown.
.
In the Doring Preston household, the summer is always a bowl of Gazpacho soup in the fridge.
.
The summer makes us all in Israel understudies of the sun.

(thanks Channah for giving me keywords to write this post)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment