Monday, May 18, 2009

The Trip

P Bonez and I just came back from a 10 tour of the U.S without incident. And when I mean without incident I imply that the only tiff we got into was one Friday in terms of cleaning up the dinner table. That's a top rating when you spent 24 hours a day with another human! There was once a time when I was dreaming heavily of the day I could find a man that didn't make my blood boil. Who knew it would come in the form of an Englishman.
.
Tulsa
.
I hadn't been back to my hometown in about three and a half years. As we exited the highway the changes began to show themselves in the form of newly built suburbia: fast food restaurants and strip malls. Old grazing pastures for horses now host the blue prints for a bigger and badder Super Target. The lyric "paved paradise put up a parking lot" flew in and out of my thoughts. This was not the pastures I once passed as a child. The forest we snuck into as youths? Replaced by a 4 story parking garage. Despite the suburban disappointment: seeing family and friends was fantastic. I don't think there was a moment that my family wasn't dancing. It's just our natural rhythm and i'm proud to have Chillaxed with them.
.
Va Beach
.
My cousins own some serious wheels. They have also begun reproducing. I've spent most of my summer vacations and teen angst with them. I'm glad to have replenished their images in my mind.
.

.
Washington D.C
In the Peace Corps, you are placed with the brightest America has to offer. You spend a good amount of time together and at the end of your service you reflect how eighty percent of your conversations revolved around the status of your poo. These people end up being your best friends for life. I was pleased to replenish those connections as well as see some randoms who made me friggin' fall in love with this place. Obama, I heart you.
.
NYC
I heart my husband more than Obama. And I heart the fact that he hooked us up with the sweetest hotel room. P Bonez and I have nothing but love for NYC and the happy hour margarita's she offers to us in cold glasses on sunny New York Days. We heart the Mac store and basically when I'm in ny, all I want to do is eat steak in gangsta restaurants and feed my hubby nuts and berries on feather king-sized beds.

1 Comments:

At 6/16/2009 9:29 PM, Blogger onlyhuman79 said...

I SO know what you mean about Tulsa... what happened to all the cow pastures!?

 

Post a Comment