Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I used to think walking was gay. But power walking seemed less gay when I bought my new pair of New Balance kicks and some yoga pants. It also became the organic solution to all my problems: saving money, needing to get out of the house after writing, getting back into shape so people don't mistake my pot belly as a bun in the oven.
.
I already owned an iPod.
.
I passed three sets of twins on my 40 minute trek to the market. Is it the water? Or has G-d blessed the Jews with a high level of fertility?
.
Upon my arrival at the butcher, I decided I would try cooking lamb. My gangster steak restaurant experience in NYC inspired me to tackle this new flesh I have never put over a flame. I asked the butcher a few questions and then a small yet spicy old woman commanded the counters attention. The patrons and the butcher looked on as she gave me an in depth explanation of what I should do with my lamb shoulder. Red wine. Searing. Stuff garlic in the flesh! Onions! Don't forget the onions. The gentle old man to my right asks me if I'll remember it all. "Sure I reply. I mean, the important parts".
.
I don't think they know about www.marthastewart.com
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment