Monday, March 02, 2009

top 11 reasons why i could have a split personality

The server in my office is down. Outlook isn't reponding to my requests so I thought I would put down some of my own requests in this blog.
.
P Bonez and I have booked our flight to the U.S. The thought of a home visit gets me agitated with excitement. During this stage I usually idealize the fun and re-bonding I will experience with all my old friends. Such idealization usually wears off after 72 hours in Tulsa when I realize just because they upkeep their status updates regularly on facebook and throw comments to me in various forms- it doesn't mean your friends anymore.
.
What I get excited about the most is the fact that the life I led in the U.S is so different than the life I lead in Israel so the feeling of indulging and spoling ourselves silly for insanely cheap are usually associated with our U.S visit.

Top 11 reasons why i've grown out of the midwest-southern stamp on my head:
.
1. I buy oats wholesale out of burlap sacks instead of Quaker Oats packaging.
.
2. I also buy popcorn wholesale and make sure I don't purchase chicken feed.
.
3. I only buy new clothes when I leave the country. Which can be about once a year. Needless to say - P Bonez and I have had basically the same wardrobe for approx 3 years. this makes me sad.
.
4. I ride my bike everywhere. It keeps your butt perky. In Tulsa I drove my car, even if it was only a 5 minute drive.
.
5. Market fresh vegtables and minimal packaging here vs processed foods there.
.
6. Recyclying.
.
7. Feasting around large tables with many friends vs restaurants and fast food.
.
8. All of my friends speak two languages and most of them speak 3
.
9. Most of my friends in both places know how to shoot guns.
.
10. Live music in the U.S- 2nd hand albums from someone else's iTunes in Israel.
.
11. Happy Hour there. Heavy middle eastern crisis and religious conflict here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment