Monday, January 26, 2009

No Extras with the Crunch

I've been living a no extra lifestyle for the last two months. Well- I take that back, I still like to invest in a nice Friday night dinner with friends but they usually bring the wine. I also make a joyous effort in going to the market. It's like a shopping spree. $10 all you can buy vegetables. Get a handful of change and no matter how many in season vegetables you buy, you still can't spend all your money at 4nis a kilo. Add a magician for dinner and it's a big hit
.
But seriously, no extras suck. Albeit, I'm pretty fortunate in understanding the need to be thrifty as I come from a family who saved by reusing lunch bags and plastic bags. Recycle and reuse and save the world. Save your pennies for a rainy day. "but Dad, no one spends their money on a rainy day. It's better to spend your money when it's sunny out." I would answer him confusingly. These small habits have taught me the value in being reserved with my spending. The melody of the word "Financial Stability" and "Savings" echo in my soul like a burnt out middle aged wife.
.
It still doesn't satiate the American Female need to purchase new colours and own new things- to have expensive hair cuts and transportation. It doesn't satisfy my desire for things that are soft, or building my nest, or my calorie intake.
.
My mental "Xtraz" list is growing in my mind. Victoria Secret Bras to replace the ancient ones I own- New Balance Shoes to replace the ancient ones I own- The food Channel because I want to be spoiled- Chanel Eyeliner because I can be a brand whore. All of these items are more expensive and not on sale in this tiny lil' country in the middle east.
.
I hope to make some career decisions in the next 1.5 weeks. Just to quench my thirst.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment