Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Zion

Occupiers
.
Apartheid System
.
Aggressor
.
Bully
.
These are the names my friends at home use to describe my home. They reach their hand out in solidarity to Palestine while spitting on Israel. As if we don't want peace, or we don't care about the humanitarian crisis.
.
Dear World,
We do care. We care because we live this everyday. It was only last week I warned my friend that it's been quiet for too long. And then the arguments begin, they begin with accusations, as if this war has a simple answer. As if this decades-long conflict can be resolved. GIVE them back their land my friends shout at me from their comfortable homes in the States. Stop building that wall! What they don't understand is that Palestinians and Israeli's want peace more than anyone. We want to get on buses and move around in the dirt below our shoes. We want to focus on birthdays and new years parties.
.
I could write paragraph after paragraph defending Israel. But all my time and effort is diminished because of the media, because it's easier to accuse when you've never stepped foot in this land. Because you simply refuse to understand.
.
But I will actively promote a article that says more than I can in my frustration.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-kloosterman/the-israel-palestinian-co_b_154064.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment