Monday, October 13, 2008

My own

Ella Fitzgerald is in the speaker behind me. Singing in my ear. This morning I opened the doors of the house to the morning breeze, you know the one where it's cold enough for a cup of tea first thing, but warm enough that you can still just wear a t-shirt?
.
It's Sukkot. Out on our porch, P Bonez is revelling in the joys of being male and is building our sukkah. He explained to me earlier the amount of tools that he will need to build our outdoor space and I asked him why he can't just borrow them from our neighbour. Apparently, men borrowing tools is about as out of the question as borrowing underwear.
.
Today is one of those peaks in life when you kinda realize how lovely it is to be where you are in life. This is how i envisioned it to be, husband building, me- working from home writing and drinking tea. I mean, of course- ask me next month when my projects are completed and I may be frothing at the mouth from frustration. But at this very moment like Ella says: I found a dream that I could speak to. or more so, One I can call my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment