Monday, October 27, 2008

Ginrod Economics

I feel like I am running through the job forest. On one hand, I feel safe as a freelancer, my pay check destiny lies in my own hands. But I can't help but have butterflies in my stomach as I watch the markets dangle and the dollar strengthen and weaken, pumping like a human heart and causing us all to be on the brink of a heart attack.
.
I suppose the precarious job situation in the world makes me realize that if this trend continues- Gone are the social lifestyles we have accustomed ourselves to. The get togethers with wine and cheese, the travelling in and out of Tel Aviv to socialize- the extra rogulach on Shabbat. All these little things that decorate our lives will be converted into penny pinching and saving- after all everything is unstable. We need to gather our pebbles and the rocks of our foundation, place them in a pile, and hope we don't blow away with the rest of the world.
.
Then again, perhaps I should be living with this mentality anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment