Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Stuff part 5466904856

The rise in fuel prices will directly affect the attendance of my planned nuptials. Oil Prices and the recent move of my closest girlfriends to the farthest corners of the world make even phone calls a bit costly.
.
I'm trying to not let it bother me.
.
Not thinking about it at ALL.
.
These are the consequences of choosing to reside in a country very very far away from your home.
.
I also attempted to ride my bike to the central bus station. Which was an auspicious attempt in promoting a healthy heart and to avoiding taking one extra bus for connection to my new employment. Although it was only a 30 minute bike ride, it was consistently uphill the ENTIRE time. I arrived at work with only baby wipes to salt away from the effort.
.
My job is outside of Jerusalem, in a sleepy neighborhood filled with youth. Bikes are lined up alongside the fences of the homes, without locks, children crawling everywhere, but, surprisingly quiet. I'm working in the non profit sector, an aim of mine since I began working in Israel. So despite the lack of profit in the organization & in my salary, I'm a bit smug with the fact that I have a successful way of doing what I set out to do. Which means one of two things: either I am an over achiever and achieve most. OR I obviously do not have high goals. I suppose i'll take the middle stance and say the battles are chosen with great gingerliness.
.
Disclaimer-Please excuse my lack of fun in writing. As of late I have only been reading medical terms and have no doubt it has affected the style of my writing.

3 Comments:

At 7/10/2008 8:28 PM, Blogger cornflake girl said...

Mazal tov on the new job! Now I know why you didn't answer the phone at 12am - you were probably being all responsible and adult-like and sleeping. xx

 
At 7/15/2008 11:09 PM, Anonymous Bald Pate said...

nu - so what's the job?

 
At 7/17/2008 2:16 PM, Anonymous elie said...

I hear you, man. My wedding was during the Lebanon war and half the band and a lot of Ronen's family ended up in miluim.

I also hear you about the consequences of living far away. That happened a lot while wedding planning... realizing all that.

So know that someone out there hears you!!!

 

Post a Comment