Sunday, July 20, 2008

Slime black goo

I'm holding a wooden meat skewer in my mouth. This package of skewers stored underneath my sink has become quite useful in the last twenty four hours.
.
Particularly when it comes to clogged sinks.
.
The combination of long brown hair, and constant cooking left the bathroom sink mildly clogged and the kitchen sink a constant pool of rice and bits of leftover food.
.
Last week, I thought about purchasing some super duper liquid drainer delux. The kind that would eat your hand as well as any sort of residue left behind from feeding and washing.
.
Instead, I decided it would be more affordable to dismantle the sink piping and giving the pipes good washing.
.
They needed a little bit more than that, the pipes needed a good gorging, and my petite fingers weren't long enough for such practice.
.
But the meat skewers were.
.
So there I was, massaging the clogged pipes with reliable, wooden meat skewers. The black goo would splat out, balls of hair covered in black goo. Oiled goo- slime flowing out into the plastic red bucket I set below the sink. I cleaned the rubber washers, I ran those pipes clean.
.
Add that to my list. Accomplished plumber. My mother would be so proud.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 7/20/2008 7:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7/20/2008 8:17 PM, Blogger The Ginrod said...

Hi guys, I like to keep to write my blog because it's a hobby of mine. Please do not make snide comments against me, it's not nice.

 
At 7/21/2008 1:58 PM, Blogger The Ginrod said...

..i'd like to keep writing my blog i meant!

 

Post a Comment