Thursday, July 03, 2008

Morning Door Bells

He comes every morning, just as P bonez calls me about which tu tu to wear for the day. As if he's waiting for the timing of it all. The moment I open my front door and large patio window for a cross breeze. The moment I sit at my computer to update myself on emails and get started on my work projects. Through the crack of the door I see his leathery tanned face with his ancient baseball cap on his head.
.
"Lo Arbeh Kesev!(not a lot of money)" he tells me.
.
"En li Kesev Aschav!" ( I have no money right now) I explain to him.
.
Then the whole I need to feed my children, please let me work on your yard, I need bread, let me work on your yard.
.
What confuses me, is that i've offered him dry, packaged food. I've told him he could have all the frozen pita in our freezer box. He remainds uninterested.
.
"Can I come back next week and clean the garden?" he asks in Hebrew.
.
"Fine, come by next week". I reply. Come back and my broke ass will find a way to pay you so you can feel all of your pestering did something. Which, it did.
.
He won.

1 Comments:

At 7/07/2008 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pink one, always the pink one, matches the colour of the PB eyes.

 

Post a Comment