Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad Interviews

The last bad interview I had was with a small company a few years ago. The ceo chain smoked cigarrettes as he interviewed me. His Alpha male attitude made me put up an equally cocky wall and we simply did not like one another. When he informed me the job wasn't mine but if there was anything else he could do to help me adjust in Israel, I asked him if he rented out apartments as well. Because me and a few friends were in need.
.
Today is my second worst ever interview experience. I think the whole combination of Alpha male attitude and getting my name wrong twice is already a turn off. Add the fact that they emphasized that I didn't have a Jewish background (it was a travel company) and It would be a problem because I need to 'relate' to the clients. The hammer fell when I explained to them that I was Shabbat observant. They wouldn't have any of it.
.
Because my adrenaline is pumping through my veins, I cannot explain how offended and hurt I was from the experience of this interview. If I wasn't qualified, why did they waste my time and interview me. I feel even more offended that they assume you have to be part of Jewish camps to understand 'the mentality of Jewish people'. Versatile is my middle name, and they are chumps.
.
At this moment I am very tired of interviewing.

1 Comments:

At 7/07/2008 2:32 PM, Blogger channahboo said...

erm... yeah that is not ok... you have two choices

1) tell them to fuck off
2) Sue them and then tell them to fuck off

 

Post a Comment