Sunday, May 04, 2008

Thoughts

I spent these days slowly arranging everything so that I can make room for opportunities that my immigration has given me. Bank accounts are being switched from foreign to inland. Status changes on different files that are in different buildings. I made the adult move today of switching banks because they couldn't provide me with timely customer service. 'What is the difference between Bank Discount and Hapoalim?' I ask the woman behind the desk. She didn't offer me any concrete selling points, no free banking, no atm card with your favorite University logo on the card. No free tickets to Six Flags in Texas.
.
'If you have x amount in your bank, then you don't have to pay the 10 nis a month to keep it open.'
She concludes.
.
Fascinating.
.
After her lack ability to contact another branch for some sort of verification that she apparently needed, that couldn't be done today, I got up and explained to her that she just lost a bank customer. I would go to Hapoalim and sign up. Why? Because I prefer the color combination of blue instead of the green that Discount has.
.
I didn't even get a free gift. Oh customer service of the U.S.A!! I miss your free banking and free tickets to events I never attend. I miss efficiency and accurate customer service.
.
Completing my goal of immigration has left me a bit empty inside. The past year has been sole dedication to achieving Aaliyah and now that it's done, I have no idea what to do with myself. Combine that with the move to Jerusalem and your guess is as good as mine where my career path will take me. The Freelance lifestyle can be amazing one month, and completely uneventful the next.

Does one accept a job of full time security and lack of enthusiasm, or does one pace themselves and allow destiny to put yourself on the career path that is destined only for the Ginrod?
.
I may never know. All I know now is that I must improve the Hebrew that falls out of my mouth. Until I do that- I don't think any dream jobs will come knocking on my door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment