Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Red Tent

I had the pleasure today of sitting in a small audience witnessing the dialogue between an author of one of my favorite books and her translator.
.
There I was, on my best behavior, back straight and cell phone turned off- eating up every word that spilled out of that woman's mouth.
.
I wanted to get her to sign my book. I wanted to have her over for dinner so I could pick her brain and find out all the secrets to becoming an author, but I didn't. That would be too- pathetic. It's not like she would actually come over for dinner and I didn't want yawns to fall out of her mouth while I asked her all the questions every wannabe author asks to the great and powerful ones.
.
So I sat there- with all of my manners intact, enjoying one of the first opportunities that I get to stare at what I consider a celebrity.

2 Comments:

At 5/13/2008 9:50 PM, Blogger Sarah K. said...

I read this book earlier this year or maybe last year... it was great. It is really awesome that you got to sit and listen to her speak.

 
At 5/13/2008 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

decent munch at least...

 

Post a Comment