Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Veni Vidi Vici

So there you have it. The 15th of April marks a 3 year chapter that seems to have timed itself out. Veni Vidi Vici.
.
I feel I've lived a lifetime in this country. This blue pass is my medal for the tribulation that started this journey in the first place. It took a community to raise me here, and I am also proud of myself as me for being able to achieve this feat.
.
It is no small step when one decides to take on a new country, a new religion, and new traditions. To become accepted as that religion and become part of that nation lies not only on the bureaucracy that makes the rules, it also lies also on following an unexpected destiny. It lies on keeping your heart open, even if it hurts- just in case you walk by some goodness and it seeps in. Such goodness comes in the form of philosophy, religion, and most importantly- people.
.
Who knew one could be capable of so much pain and so much accomplishment and so much love?
.
May my friends never go through the devastation that I once felt. But may they all know that if you really really want to, you could do just about anything the world offers you. Just have a little faith.
xx

6 Comments:

At 4/15/2008 7:18 PM, Blogger cornflake girl said...

You make my eyes water! LOVE YOU XOXOXO

 
At 4/15/2008 8:44 PM, Blogger Little Jezebel said...

Congratulations!

That was a very touching post.

 
At 4/16/2008 10:53 AM, Blogger Carol said...

I was so happy so see your post. I am sad you left Tel Aviv, but have been enjoying seeing your new life evolve via your posts. I think of you often.
Who else in Israel could really understand how only Karma could explain your transformation from little Bixby to Geveret?
I wish for you only good and inspiring things. Love you. Carol

 
At 4/16/2008 6:13 PM, Blogger IsraLuv said...

nachon chabibi!

 
At 4/16/2008 10:42 PM, Blogger Shara Grif said...

xo

 
At 4/18/2008 5:51 PM, Blogger alias pail said...

wooo hooo!!! congratulations!

 

Post a Comment