Wednesday, April 16, 2008

thump thump

Today is one of those days where all the puzzle pieces fit perfectly together to give you a reminder of why life is as sweet as the roses that are blooming on every Jerusalem corner. The big sky and moderate weather is proof alone why I bought my blue bicycle. The patio outside is inviting & I am pleased.
.
After getting some 'Dude, I'm Israeli' errands started, I settled into a cafe uptown to catch up on some reading of my favorite author. Afterwards, I crossed the street and patiently waited for the bus to take me to have a quick lunch with P Bonez.
.
Across the street, one of the extra long number 18's stopped in front of us. Suddenly, everyone in the bus stood up and rushed to the exits. Shrieks and tension poured out of the doorways. For that very moment, many passer bys just stood there, others like myself- immediately backed away and got as far from the bus as possible. My imagination expected a mad man with big guns to run straight my way. Within seconds, a police van drove up and passengers re-entered the bus and drove out.
.
By then, my heart was pounding so hard my hands had a light tremble. My bus arrived and I went to sit in the back. As my mind tried to wrap itself around the short lived incident, I watched a middle aged woman slowly applying thick mulberry coloured lipstick. Her metallic blue fingernails holding the petite stick. All I could think was 'where ever did this woman find such a colour for her nails???'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment