Wednesday, April 30, 2008

First

I don't know if any of you have noticed the changing pictures on the header of my blog. But one of them is of the statues below. This park is one of the first places I visited when I saw Israel for the first time in January of 2005. Like my first visit, the statue was still standing, and the goats were grazing on the dead grass climbing up the steep slopes supporting the winding gravel roadway. The only difference is how the clouds are wiped on the sky.
.
When I left Israel, that statue was a permanent symbol of what Israel was to me. You can imagine the sentimental feelings that arose when I spotted it on a trip last week. Before last week, I couldn't really remember the park I was taken to upon my first arrival here. But like everything, it came back to me full circle.
.


















.


















.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment