Sunday, April 13, 2008

Family

One is blessed with predominantly beautiful weather living here in Israel. The horror stories of my home state in the U.S experiencing freezes, floods, and inches upon inches in snow supports my resolution to live in a place where my freckles grow together and my toes are tanned yearly.
.
The last week has been celebrated by a birth of a nephew in my up and coming family that I will be joining as well as a week mourned by Tsiki's family as another anniversary marks the 3rd year we've lived without him.
.
This year I actually realized how important going to the grave was for me. It is important for me to see his friends and his army mates and more importantly, it's important for me to be able to grieve with his family. I spent the evening before the memorial talking into the night with his parents. Our conversations flow so easily and the ease I feel with them comes from years of mourning and laughing together.
.
In the last weekend I think I realized how deeply I am in love with this family. All of them. As my life moves forward, I can't help but hold a huge fear that my connection with them will weaken. I didn't realize this fear until the last week, as much as I always said they are like family to me, I don't know how much I meant it... until now. I can't imagine my life without them, and I just can't get over how much I love them. For their strength and for their weakness for their patience and support of everything I have chosen to do in this country. Tsiki left me a gift when he died. He let me be a part of his family. Yet another reason why I am a very lucky woman.

2 Comments:

At 4/14/2008 5:38 PM, Blogger channahboo said...

Yes you are blessed... with a spirit that cannot help but spill out onto those around you... I love you! xxx

 
At 4/16/2008 3:56 PM, Blogger Friends of Tsiki said...

Thanks. You're a happy soul and happy soul magnetize others towards it.

 

Post a Comment