Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tornado

The whirlwind that surrounds an engagement astounds me. The last couple weeks have been crazy. From the last minute flight to NY, to seeing my brother to returning, to engaged, to Purim festivities all around. I feel like life just went in fast forward and the wind in my face is making my cheeks turn into a parachute.
.
For a woman like me, this amazing time is met with a level of reflection. I haven't dreamt of my father in such a long time, and in the last week, suddenly I'm having dinner with him, going on long walks, creating a garden. Then I wake up. My brother has reminded me that the 26th is just around the corner. We will be remembering his loss for the third year already. I'd like to believe these dreams I am having are because he wants to have a toast to my good fortune, and spend some quality time with his Susi'chen.
.
To be honest, I never knew life would go on. Tsiki's jahr zeit comes quickly after my fathers and I can hardly believe that it's been 3 years. That I have P Bonez and this awesome engagement. My heart aches how life can be so beautiful and so painful- so romantic and so fast, so heartbreaking and so full of heart. We live in this polarized capsule, tasting bitter fruit and warm drinks. Life, I drink it up, and it dribbles onto my lips.
.
The months of Adar and Nissan are full of excitement for the Ginrod. When it rains it pours. The next couple weeks will start another attempt at aaliyah, a move to Jerusalem, wedding planning, and job sorting, Tsiki and my father.
.
Like the month we are breathing in right now, I feel that I will be blessed with enough fortune to get through it all dancing on my toes, and doing a Ginrod twirl.
.
Here are some pics from Purim, it's been quite a few days of festivities, and a few costumes:













.













.


















.













.

.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment