Sunday, March 09, 2008

tap tap tap

Despite a two hour wait at the Ministry of Interior today, my attempts at Aaliyah (immigration) have been knocked down for March. "Your file hasn't come back yet from Jerusalem" says the woman in the number 4 desk that my number 53 brought me to. I arrived when the black box on the ceiling stated number 28. Apparently, even if you have a meeting scheduled a month beforehand, you still have to wait. Luckily, I had a big book with me.
.
To be honest, even as my stress laid my head down on her desk. I couldn't be mad. This is almost a deja vu when it comes to the seasons, to the timing of it all, just like last year, with my conversion. Last year, I was almost there, and every meeting was as if 500 pound weights sat on my shoulders, waiting for someone to slowly mouth "ok, you're in."
.
Another reason that I can't be upset: that very same morning P Bonez found a last minute flight on El Al to NYC. Earlier last week, we notified our respective employers and told them of the possibilities of our last minute vacation. The thought of seeing my brother after 1.5 years is overwhelming. Adding to this excitement: some Peace Corps friends from D.C have decided it was pefect timing for a mini reunion. I couldn't be happier.
.
At this moment, the excitement in seeing my brother masks any disappointment with the Ministry. The logic is on my side.: I own my proof of religion, it's only a matter of time until I immigrate. One thing my world has taught me is patience. Another- that everything with my Nefesh happens in the month if Nisan. There's no doubt about it: all that is good or bad lands on that month.
.
So we'll wait. We'll see what 2008 brings forth. In the meantime, I will celebrate the fortune that I have, and the ability to share it with the man I love. This week, the month of Adar has sprinkled its' good fortune on the Ginrod- so we should all dance with an extra hop in our step.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment