Thursday, March 27, 2008

Packings

So here I am. Amongst the boxes and scraps of paper surrounding me, preparing for my move to Jerusalem. The one thing I can respect about moving is the fact that it gives you a chance to purge yourself of the random bits of nothing that surrounds you. All of the extra golf balls, skirts shoved in the back of the closets, shoe with its missing pair, all of these lonely things go into the blue trash bags and into the big green bin outside that has a large number four written on every one of its four sides.
.
Given that this is my second move in eight months, one would think I don't have a lot to move. This is not the case: all the while I was living on Natan Hachachan street building number four, my books were practicing agamogenesis . My book collection has gone from one small shelf in my last apartment to two boxes in this one.
.
Clothes.
.
If I thought my books were asexual reproducers, my clothes went in HYPER mode. and aside from my underwear and long sleeved gap shirts, i don't know what else I wear. Because often i just wrap newspapers around my waist for skirts.
.
I kid. I kid.
.
When I left for Thailand, I was able to minimize my belongings to a few boxes of photos and the clothes in a backpack on my back. I have 3 large suitcases, I have made the decision that It is only my business to pack the 3 suitcases and everything else must go. Shirt case. Skirt case. Random case. That's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment