Monday, January 28, 2008

wind and snow

I'm looking outside the window right now. The plants and trees are leaned over and if beating their stalks to heavy metal music. It's that windy.
.
I fought the wind with my scarf wrapped tightly around my neck to the cafe next door for a lunch sandwich and a bag of potato chips. As I trudge past the security guard he says to me in hebrew: "you like chips". I chuckle and respond "I do. It's all about the salt." What for conversation- you like chips?? To the security guard in his little booth. I'm the girl from next door who "likes" chips. How complex.
.
My boss informed me he may not be in on Wednesday- there is snow in the forecast for Jerusalem. "My wife says Israel is more prepared for war than snow!!" He laughs in his thick, French accent. "Everything will be shut if there is snow! No point in planning for work!!".
.
I haven't seen snow in years. Maybe on the television. I am packing my bags tomorrow and heading to the Holy City, for the small chance that I might get a glimpse and a flake on my tongue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment