Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Almost there.

Today is the epitome of gloomy day. Refrigerator cold air and cold rain. Rain without passion, no creation of water melodies from the fierce rain, just continuous drizzle.
.
It makes me tired. It makes my toes cold. It makes me want summer to come to my toes can feel the sun. So my freckles can grow together into one big, brown, spot and my eyes can peek out from my big sunglasses.
.
One thing however that keeps me warm is the following email. I'm almost done. There's been a lot of effort with this whole Judaism thing. a couple years of dedication, not just to Judaism but to finding the emotional strength to face a plethora of Rabbi's, to crawl into all of these offices with my ears ringing in understanding Hebrew. At the beginning it was emotionally painful because I was this scared, grieving kid. Trying to build some sort of life after all the mess. I'm glad that it's possible to swim through the paperwork and the patience of being accepted. and I'm almost there. That's not entertainment, that's the most dedicated thing I've ever done for myself.
.
Dear Susi,
Good news! I understand that all has been approved. It is due in our offices for signing this week (the Conversion Authority) and then back to the TLV Rabbinut who will send you the Hamarat Dat certificate by registered mail – hopefully by the end of next week – fingers crossed. Then your life can begin!!

4 Comments:

At 1/22/2008 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fingers crossed

 
At 1/23/2008 4:54 PM, Blogger jacki said...

congrats susi! it can be a real headache dealing with bureaucracy, and that is made so much worse when it is in a foreign country, in a foreign language. i've been following along with you and sympathizing every step of the way....so know that you have lots of cheerleaders around the world rooting for you!

thought you might be interested in this...my dad wrote a piece about his spiritual awakening in israel on my webzine today. i'm sure that amidst the frustrations it is good to remind yourself of why you're there. check it out: http://nothingtodeclare.org/2008/01/23/the-baby-boomer-at-the-wailing-wall/

jacki

 
At 1/23/2008 4:56 PM, Blogger jacki said...

ok, that link didn't come through...so here it is again
wailing wall piece

 
At 2/01/2008 6:23 PM, Blogger Shara said...

ooooooo...my fingers AND my toes are crossed. i'm just now catching up with your posts.

missing you!

having lunch with your bro today to fill in some of the place where you usually are...

 

Post a Comment