Thursday, December 20, 2007

Am I the only one in the world?

The older I am getting the more the question: "jeez, am I the only one in the world that does this?" arises. In the form of a 27yr old, Caucasian-looking female target audience type of question. Of Course.
.
And then I think: if I post all the thoughts I had this week alone, would I completely embarrass myself?
.
  • Is is weird to prefer spicy noodle 3 minute mung bean soup for breakfast?To drop an egg inside and mix it around?
  • Do people often buy the same body wash after their last one is finished? Or do you "mix it around?
  • Am I the only one who often contemplates stealing my boyfriends socks?
  • Does anyone else fight the urge to touch the tip of peoples noses when they are engaged in serious conversation?
  • Does your nose click in the winter when u squeeze it? You know, from a boxing injury when you were 22?
  • & last but not least: is there anyone out there who had the patience enough for various Rabbi's on different level judge the fate of your Judaism?
.
I've been playing phone tag with the Rabbinical Court in Jerusalem and Tel Aviv. Doing whatever it takes to get my conversion approved and processed. Apparently, Israeli Bureaucracy believes in a different method: the we'll take more coffee breaks than you can ever imagine before we even consider your file method. Fair enough. They'll take my money- they'll use my time- but they will never put Ginrod in the corner!
.
Shabbat Shalom. I'm off to the winter wonderland of Jerusalem.
.
To the National Bet Din: I'm on to you. Next week. I'm going to make you my BEST friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment