Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Chocolate

Yesterday evening, I mad P Bonez laugh so hard he was crying. Tears streaming down his face. He laughed so hard that it made me laugh even harder, and there we were, lying on the cold floor, unable to breath because our stomach muscles were rapid spasms. He was actually in pain from all the laughter.
.
The ability to bring such laughter into the household comes solely from the fact that I nibbled on some Swedish chocolate a friend brought over the night before. Somewhere along the path of growing up and being responsible, I convinced myself that I should minimize my sweet intake. From that convincing, I virtually removed all chocolate from my life. This is an extreme behavioral change as I was the teenager that would eat a pound of M&Ms in three days as breakfast.
.
I have decided to invite chocolate back into my life. I'm leaning on the belief that Chocolate can save the world. It saves us women, especially during the moon cycle when all of us women feel like howling. That time where we pound our chests and declare war on anyone who so much as grins at us.
.
So as the Kinneret (Sea of Galilea) is being filled with this years rain, and I stare outside to watch big Tel Avivian raindrops dancing across my windows. I will snuggle up with a cup of red tea and another 3 kilos of Swedish Chocolate (kosher of course.).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment