Saturday, October 20, 2007

To have your cake and eat it too.

ugh. They left. The trip was too short for me, a reminder what a breath of fresh air my family is. I could see it in their faces how much they enjoyed themselves, how Israel was everything that was good and not what's on the news. Did they see the stress on my face when I accidentally took a wrong turn into uncharted territory? Probably Not.
.
My family coming to visit was so good for me in SO many ways. They finally were able to see the way I have chosen to live my life. See me with my Judaism and they kept their mind and hearts open about it. There was no judging or misunderstanding, if anything- they just wanted to get certain aspects correct so they could run smoothly with my practicing. Just like that- I showed them who I've become and they accepted it. It makes my heart so proud to have come from my family. I am an extremely fortunate person, have I mentioned that?
.
In the name of what makes me part of my family (and extremely proud) we did a little farewell dance. Digital Camera video is amazing when there is such good content to tape!!
.

1 Comments:

At 10/21/2007 8:37 PM, Blogger Shara said...

Love it!
Love you!
So glad I got to meet the momma and your adorable aunt...it was also refreshing for me and warmed my heart. Thanks for letting me partake in the Filipino wonderfulness for a bit.

xoxo

 

Post a Comment