Thursday, September 06, 2007

Stories

A friend of mind stretches on my patio and cracks his neck. "I've got a bad neck" he states as we all have our feet kicked up on the banister. Holding cold beers in the sweltering heat.
.
He continues:
.
""Once, I took a flight from here to L.A. By the time I got off the flight, I was in desperate need for a massage. My friend picked me up at the airport. I had him drive me to the nearest Thai restaurant. I ran in asking if they knew of any Thai massage parlors. I was desperate, my neck was killing me.
.
They all looked at me with a smirk and pointed to the direction "Just a few miles away" they say. Did you know it takes at least 30 minutes to get from any point A to any point B in L.A??? It does, AT LEAST 30.
.
We arrived just as the parlor was closing. There I was ,knocking on the glass door. desperate., they let me in, but see..they were just closing so they wouldn't give me a massage. I begged on my knees, but no go- they wanted to close up and go home. So .....we get back in the car, and before you know it I see this Vietnamese Nail Salon, Still open. I run in, asking them if they know of any massage places. They sweetly said no, looking up at my from their halogen lamps over those little white desks full of polish.
.
So, I asked them if one of them would give me a massage, explained I had this terrible neck pain from my long flight..yadda yadda. One of the women asked how much I'd pay. Told her 20 bucks. She had me take off my shirt right then and there. Best damn massage I've ever had in my life. For real.""
.
That had me cracking up for a good few minutes straight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment