Thursday, August 09, 2007

This little heart of mine.

"The heart is not always open to receive things. One must layer all the goodness on it, inevitably it will soak it in."
.
I learned that quote in my Shiur last night. It resonated with me. It kind of goes with the "go with the flow", "Jump right in" philosophies.
.
The quote swam in my mind the entire evening. Allowed me to reflect on the entire reasoning behind why Israel chose me, and ultimately why I chose her.
.
Upon arrival, I layered many things on my heart. Which was cemented shut for quite some time. A constant need to move forward from the tragedies - a constant need to layer beautiful things on top to open it up. I'm sure in my sleep- when my heart would be relaxed and unaware, something would sleep inside of it, filling out the corners and gave it a hearty beat.
.
I began by taking things hour by hour. Then morning by morning. Then week by week, and next thing you know, so many things seeped inside and It's two years later- and I am only a month or so away from accomplishing my Aaliyah.
.
I'll put that quote in my pocket and take it with me wherever I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment