Monday, August 06, 2007

Happy 27.

.
The week came and went. In between, I ran in front of Bet Din's and Misrad Hapnim's. I held perfectly put together files that have been in my possession for months.. in anticipation of the day I would make aaliyah.
.
I planned my days, not in anticipation for my Birthday, but for my immigration. I tasted it on my tongue the minute I set foot in this country and tasted the salt in the sea.
.
Perhaps it wasn't meant for me to complete my puzzle just yet, after all- it's only been a process of 2.5 years. Perhaps someone was telling me to calm down. sit back, and enjoy what goodness is offereed in the simplicities of birthday parties. Take a breath. It may be quite simple to many, but the Ginrod took a bit of time, because of certain breaths of fate and a tad of circumstance. So here I am.. Celebrating my 27th, with most of the same people as my 26th.. and it's beautiful.
.
I can only remember: celebrating my 25th with myself, on the patio of the Eyal's, too lonely for words and a bit lost about my future.
.
The memories aren't so far away, but but but, i have come a long way. So the picture above states how far i've come, i've found two more HALVES like me. Who's mother is Filipino in that picture? Can you tell?
.
All in all, it was a pretty good celebration. a bit of old and a bit of new, and it's quite beautiful to be able to make a life, in a land so silly as ours!
.









..........
........................












........
.

1 Comments:

At 8/06/2007 1:12 AM, Blogger Shara said...

LOVE you love you love you.

So nice to find halves floating around...we all fit together like little puzzle pieces.

Funny to think about the randomness of it all...but I'm glad the randomness made us friends.

XO

Here's to many more happy birthdays celebrating together!

 

Post a Comment