Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sing a song about the heartland.

All is takes is an acoustic guitar and a beautiful poem as lyrics and I am a stream of tears.
.
It's official, I am homesick.
.
Let me watch beautiful babies with smooth skin crawling along the tiled floor and my heart aches for hours after.
.
The world does become that beautiful.
.
I walked out of my apartment today and a pair of birds wings were lying below my mailbox. They come off, just like that. The body of the bird a hearty meal for the feral cats that sleep on the warm hoods of freshly parked cars. This is the world- a never ending cycle of death and life.
.
My mind browses through memories as of late. The pain of two years ago is being locked away and the more I keep it hidden, my heart swells with homesickness. I feel a bit mean, locking it up, but all I can think about how homesick I tend to be at the moment, so -if one is a result of the other, I am unable create my solution at the moment. Suddenly, I focus on cold-food recipes. What I should make for lunch on Fri, August 3. For brunch. "It will be so hot by then", I think to myself.
.
I can't help be curious to experience all that I will in between. P Bonez and I received an wedding invitation from a mutual friend. It was in Portuguese, English, and Hebrew. "Only in Israel would we receive a trilingual invitation!!" I joyfully exclaim. "It's ridiculously beautiful!!"
.
And this is how it is: Laughter? Often. Heartache. always. -you can't fully laugh and mean it until you know how to fully cry.

1 Comments:

At 6/19/2007 6:24 PM, Blogger Noodles said...

Hope you are feeling better

 

Post a Comment