Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Raindrops for the Ginrod.

"A storm band is sweeping over England and Wales, accompanied by strong-to gale-force winds."
.
Rain isn't expected to stop..for eternity. Suddenly, Sky news has become my meteorologist as I gear up for my first trip to London.
.
One thing about living in the Mediterranean: you live in a country of good food, the Sea, Red wine, a bit of "conflict", and Sun sun sun. The heat, well- that's another story. For the most part, any trip outside of your country is a downgrade. So, this trip to London, well- I'm a little excited about it- I haven't seen rain for months, and this is a really good excuse to buy a pair of obnoxious rain boots. It's A nice reason to shop a little more with money I don't have, and to sleep in and read. Albeit, the trip is only a few days, but maybe the rains of England will allow me to relive the nostalgia of rainy, Oklahoma Aprils, full of tornado drills and flash floods.
.
I'm drinking hot cocoa in my mind just thinking about it!

2 Comments:

At 6/27/2007 6:45 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

Girl, you know how the planet's been shiftin. No more rainy Aprils. It's the rainest of rainy here all June. My garden is huge. My cucumbers have taken over most of the garden. I try to beat it back but I raise my stick and see a lovely baby cucumber. And I'm placated. You are lovely. You know you are missed in Oklahoma. At least by little ol me.

 
At 6/28/2007 6:51 AM, Anonymous Shara said...

have so much fun, babe!

 

Post a Comment