Sunday, May 27, 2007

The Park


I took a new path today, one I had been curious about for weeks. I would always forget and by the time I remembered- I was a kilometer away. The path winded into the small community of trees along the river that runs through Hiyakorn park. It's hardly a river really, more of a wide stream. I discovered a whole new personality to the park through this path. All the Ponds and waterfalls that decorate it. I found myself following an elderly man on his bike. His muscular calves steadily pushing himself along. He veered himself onto a rocky, off road path along the river. I followed him, peddling at a steady pace to keep up with his muscular calves.
.
Everyone was out today. Soldiers were practicing their drills along the running path. A group of barely-men running with a stretcher on their shoulders, a sandbag bouncing on the canvas above their heads. A woman in her professional bike outfit adjusting her teenage son's helmet- who was also matching in his uniform. Teens were glued to the climbing wall and dogs excitedly chased their owners, happily snapping at the air around them. The setting sun made the buds on the trees glow.
.
Groups and Groups of people were lying in the grass. I gazed across them, admiringly. One young man caught my eye- he was lying on his side, his long legs sticking out from his cargo shorts and a gray t-shirt. Dark blond hair and wrap around sunglasses. From my distance, there was nothing that didn't remind me of Tsiki. My heart did not stop. It simply began to become extremely heavy and I had to lower my gears to peddle the additional weight.
.
There it is, that hidden grief- not as hidden as I hoped. My jaw clenched tightly as I rationalized that I didn't need to cry. I peddled myself home allowing no thoughts.
.
As love begins to seep into my heart willingly again, and my days have become crisp and fresh. Memories are a friendly reminder of all it took to get you to the very moment where you are able to breath again. My memories will always humble me.

9 Comments:

At 5/27/2007 7:19 PM, Blogger ~*~Snappz~*~ said...

Memories keep your past alive. As long as you allow them, they will always be there to comfort, to protect, to show love, laughter, tears, happiness, fear, and the past that will never be forgotten.

You write very eloquently :o)

 
At 5/27/2007 7:28 PM, Blogger Shara said...

::hugs::

those little reminders creep up in the randomest places, don't they?

xo

 
At 5/28/2007 5:29 PM, Anonymous J.P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/28/2007 5:59 PM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/28/2007 10:03 PM, Anonymous J.P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/28/2007 10:07 PM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/28/2007 11:19 PM, Anonymous J.P. said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5/28/2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5/29/2007 7:41 AM, Blogger cornflake girl said...

Damn I can't believe I missed the whole comment tag.

 

Post a Comment