Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Dip Baby Dip

I've done some hardcore things in my life. From kayaking rivers to big for me to protesting to traveling to foreign lands by myself on a whim.
.
I don't know if any one of those experiences compare to Monday morning at the Bet Din in Bnei Brak.
.
Sitting on front of 9 Haredi Men, I assume most of them are Rabbi's, my lengthy interview begins. I wanted to throw up, my palms would go from shaky to sweaty, to cold and back to shaky. My heart was waiting for impending doom. My self esteem needed to be picked up from the floor at least twice.
.
It was Yom Zikkaron, memorial day for the fallen soldiers. I asked Tsiki for a favor the night before- maybe he could be my crutch for Monday morning, these past two years have been tough enough.
.
I go to the Mikva on Thurs. Yesterday has been the happiest day of my life in two years. I tell you one thing: poetry itself cannot express my sincere joy/happiness/excitement/anxiety I feel at this moment.
.
All I know is that for whatever reason, my body has countered itself with a sickness in my throat and tummy. I wish myself better as I embark on the next steps in my life here in Israel.
.
I tell you one thing, the last two years have taught me so much. On this day, April 25th, I lost Tsiki forever. Today, I greet myself with a new beginning.

xx

3 Comments:

At 4/25/2007 4:10 PM, Blogger Shara said...

Exciting thrilling fabulously wonderful!

Mazal tov, babe. So happy to have been with you to do a little celebratin'. Many more simchas to come :)

 
At 4/25/2007 6:57 PM, Blogger channahboo said...

Oh the romance of it!!! It suddenly hit me last night and I danced around singing "Susi Jew"... Susi who? Susi JEW!!! :-)

I love you baby!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 4/26/2007 11:55 PM, Anonymous Melanie said...

Mazel tov!

 

Post a Comment