Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Anthem of a Ginrod

Pesach has come upon me once again. My third in Israel, my second actually celebrated. The memorial has passed. The other memorial has passed. The month is not over but the hardest days are already behind me. Conflicting feelings are carried on my shoulders, the beautiful days are like a facade to me, they do not cover the intense mood of my soul, but serve as a bit of a relief when it all becomes to heavy.
.
I am extremely fortunate to be amongst friends. Each Pesach, I can look at the year behind me and "who would have ever thought?" passes through me. I am the luckiest gal on the side of the Dead Sea to have friends around me for moral support. They cannot change my soul during tough times, but are a warm blanket on a windy beach.
.
Being a Sunday girl, Jewish Mysticism says those souls have a choice to be good or evil. That we fall naturally into one or the other. I think about that philosophy a lot, and I believe such a behavior in challenging situations makes sense. Every time a bad thought swims into my head, or certain levels of anger- I consciously counteract it with convincing myself of the good in the situation.
.
My life in Israel needs no convincing. I am where I need to be- where I feel I belong best. For good and bad.
.
A couple years ago, my bro sent me this song. "This is your anthem" he said. It's not really about the words, except for the second paragraph, but I think the melody of the song makes my heart tingle, like my sun burnt forehead.
.
Next year in Jerusalem!
.

2 Comments:

At 4/04/2007 11:42 AM, Blogger cornflake girl said...

I definitely dig that song. Happy to be part of the blanket - maybe even a patch on a quilt.

 
At 4/15/2007 4:31 PM, Blogger alias pail said...

haha yes. definitely an anthem, for anyone, and the reference to jerusalem, just seems to slightly fit. like everything.

this song would sound good in a pub full of friends and jameson shots all around right? i can almost see it. like arnie's or something.

 

Post a Comment