Thursday, March 15, 2007

Your booze please.

It's snowing in Jerusalem. In March. When I lived in Germany, the sun peeping out after a cold rainy day symbolized hope. Here, it's not good enough. I have begun to bang on pots and pans for the attention of Spring. She's not listening to me.
.
In light of my Shiur last night with Rabbi L. I am gearing up for what could possible be my last Pesach as person not of the Jewish Faith. I have devised a contract for all my friends to sell all their Chametz to me. I made a small revision. I don't think anyone would mind tho.
AUTHORIZATION AND SALE OF CHAMETZ
I/ We, ____________________________, hereby fully empower and authorize Susi Doring, all legal right and title to my “Chametz” .
.
The term “Chametz” is intended and shall be understood to include, without limitation, any product made of wheat, barley, oats, rye or spelt and any mixture or derivative thereof, as more particularly defined in and by Torah and Rabbinic Law and Jewish Tradition.
.
Additionally, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, “Chametz” may include the following items: schnapps and spirits; beer; cereals; noodle and pasta products; barley; ingredients used in baking; frozen foods; crackers; baked products; pet food; vitamins; wheat germ; pickles; mixes; condiments (e.g. ketchup, vinegar, etc.); cosmetics; toiletries; medicine and medicinal preparations; assorted groceries; canned foods; “Chametz” that may be affixed or attached to utensils, toys, books and seforim, appliances, baking tools, etc.
.
The aforementioned “Chametz” items are located and may be found primarily in the following areas (please check all areas that
may apply.):
___Kitchen cabinets ___Desk ___Investment property located at:
___Breakfront/China closet ___Attic _____________________________________________
___Liquor cabinet ___Pantry ___Car (which will not be used on“Pesach”)
___Briefcase/Knapsacks ___Garage which is stored at:_______________________________
___Refrigerator/Freezer ___Closet/Cabinets ___Neighbor’s or relative’s house located at:
___Shed, Basement or Storage area ___Locker at school
___Medicine/Bathroom cabinets ___Chest or Bureau ___Other:______________________________________
.
and shall include all “Chametz” and/or mixtures containing “Chametz” that is or may be knowingly or unknowingly in my possession
(as “possession” is defined in and by Torah and Rabbinic Law and Jewish Tradition), or to which I have or may have legal responsibility in whole or in part (including corporations or other business entities which own or deal in “Chametz” in which I may have an ownership interest), or transit goods which may be delivered to me during the period commencing Wednesday, April 2,
2007 through Thursday, April 9, 2007.
.
In addition, the key necessary to gain access to said places and areas where the “Chametz” items may be located can be obtained by
contacting :
___________________I hereby understand and agree that Susi Doring, the buyer of the aforementioned “Chametz”
items shall have, free access to the “Chametz” items which he/she
will be acquiring and to any area that will be leased or sold to him/her. I authorize that whatever Susi buys in terms of Whiskey/Scotch(Jameson,Bushmills,Middleton,Glenkinchie,Talisker,Craggenmore,Glenlivet,Macallen, Johnny Walker,Dewars) and chooses to keep and not sell back, is fine by me I will not ask her to pay for the ingested items.
The “Chametz” items located in the areas set forth above have an approximate value of $____________________.
.
My authorization and delegation of power set forth in this Authorization shall become binding upon my execution of this Authorization in the space set forth below, and this Authorization, when delivered to the buyer with the bill of sale, shall have the same force and effect as if I had personally executed such bill of sale.
.
This Authorization is also intended to conform
to the criteria and requirements of secular law.
Address: Phone:___________________
Signature: Date:____________________

1 Comments:

At 3/16/2007 12:15 PM, Blogger IsraLuv said...

beware people....... specific items are not safe in the Ginrod's possession.... he he he he

 

Post a Comment