Friday, March 23, 2007

Let's all get freakin' married ya'll.

3,200 Limey's are roaming the streets of Tel Aviv. they are pastier than the pastiest of my friends. You can see their red skin a mile away and boy, are they ugly. My English friends are quite pretty people to me, I find it hard to think they came from the same country these lizards do.
.
Although the sky was a blinding white, I still managed to give myself the illusion that I ,too was on vacation and having coffee at the beach. We managed a pre-shabbat beer and I made a new friend.
.
dinner was at Jean's who in fact, is "John" but his accent made me think it was Jean, until I heard his Australian wife call him "Johnny". Given that they are an eldery couple, my lateness did not reflect positively on them. "I thought because you were German you would be on time Susan" he tells me. "Yeah, but Shul and my half Filipino side made me late" I reply.
.
There is something balancing about spending quality time with those more experienced than you in life.. in the trials of life and who come out to be pleasant and successful people. "How did you two meet?" is the question that dictates the entire conversation for the rest of the evening. "You kids are too spoiled, you watch too many movies- don't you know a marriage is work and a challenge. A couple makes it work." States John's wife. "ahh yes, makes sense- I'll tell that to the next man that wants to marry me." I sarcastically reply.
.
And all I can think about is how right they are. I, we, us- the people around me, we all once again- take ourselves too seriously when it comes to love. Instead of trying to make it work, we focus all our energy in excuses why it can't.
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment