Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Goodness

Our small group has managed to meet for the 3rd time with another stimulating topic. There is something satisfying in the ability to find dedicated people in attendance and participation to create an environment where we are open to learn and discuss new and different topics. Topics that I wouldn't normally familiarize myself with without the suggestion of my peers, or moreso- topics I wouldn't try to understand unless I was in a classroom. After our session- I feel asleep instantly- and deeply until the familiar sound of my morning alarm brought me back to my bedroom and out of my subconscious. I think the learning experience I am having is: there is so much you can do for free. It's as simple as finding the smartest people you know, inviting them over and picking their brain.


.


Keywords from last nights discussion:
Thoughts that circulated in the Ginrod brain when we discussed Avraham's response to G-d: Here I am.
  • "Here I am once again on my own, going down the only road I've ever known"
  • "Here I am once again..lonely lost whatever Kelly Clarkson" (i don't know that song)
  • "I am smelling like the rose that somebody gave me on my birthday death bed"
  • "Here I am, rock you like a hurricane "
  • "Here I am It's just me and you Tonight "

Then I refocused and it was goodness. All wrapped up in a silk package goodness. The kind of goodness that melts in your mouth not in your hand. That you spread, not smear. The "i'm stuffed but i'll have more" goodness. The goodness you have with strawberries. The sweet smelling goodness. The goodness like avocadoes goodness. The juicy mango goodness. The warm sweater goodness. The kiss on the neck goodness. The once u pop u can't stop goodness. The kiddie blanket goodness. The singular sensation goodness. The at a theater near you goodness. The 3 day weekend goodness. Freshly mowed lawns. Rain on a summer day. Summer on a rainy day. Raindrops on roses rain. Stormy weather rainy goodness. Blue Moon and moon river goodness. Melodic Goodness.

2 Comments:

At 3/13/2007 12:18 PM, Blogger cornflake girl said...

Is the man in the pic Jesus? I hear he was good, but was he ethical?

 
At 3/13/2007 12:27 PM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

It's our homie Avraham..

 

Post a Comment