Monday, February 26, 2007

mic in meine mund.

I have to admit, I not a fan of open Mic's in the traditional sense. I am eerily reminded of my teens when I fought to be understood in my rebellious hair cuts and my need to experience life through protesting and developing political ideology. I also associate it with awkward people who can only say how they feel in limited syllables that seem to only make sense after copious amounts of drugs and Seinfeld.
.
I am also very wrong in my judgments.
.
So after meeting a friend for a quick few drinks in my local watering hole, I hopped into a cab to lend some moral support for a friend who assembled an open mic night. When the city you move to doesn't offer what you need it to- it's time to create and make it the city you want it to be. Something along the lines of: being the change you want to see. Seeing the change you want to be. Being the sea when the tide changes. Changing of the tide in the sea. Seeing change in your tea. Two timing the sun and sea. Swaying tea on the sea of trees. mwah.
.
Much respect to my home girl for having enough humility to risk something that could have turned off instead of on. To share personal talent with her friends and strangers, and even more respect at having a personal talent and being impressively good at it. I admire that.
.
Yesterday I found out about two people a little more, and that's a really good feeling to have. I don't want to be mundane. I think I'll add a new flavor every week. Even if my knee swells up because of my chosen tastes.
.
My fears of the week:
  • the high tech industry as a way of life.
  • that avocados are going out of season
  • hearts of palms are becoming too expensive.
  • will be able to pass my conversion exam?
  • that avocados are going out of season
  • that avocados are going out of season
  • are sandstorms really healthy for us?

1 Comments:

At 2/26/2007 10:59 PM, Blogger Shara said...

I *heart* you!

I am also terrified of the impending end of avocado season...I was just thinking it today when I saw how awesome the tomatoes are looking.

What's a girl to do?

 

Post a Comment