Monday, January 08, 2007

Penguins and doing stuff more


The stitches I used to hold my heart together in 2005 need replacing. I think they are soggy and used from my ever beating heart. I'm not sure if i don't need the stitches anymore, but I am finding the wheel inside my soul, the one that defines me- churning once again. I've gotten so used to the role of the convert- the grievess- the IneverKnewIsraelandHowDidIendUpHereAgain??- role that I can't be sure how to just become the "Hi I'm Susi and I live in Tel Aviv" girl after my conversion (which is much sooner than later).


Yesterday, I was catching up on my weekly readings of the Torah, that evening, my dreams were whimsical and feathery, full of these majestic, mythical... penguins. I've never dreamt of Penguins before. These penguins shed a lot, and their feathers would turn into pastel, ring-like bouquets that floated through the air and created a snowy blanket on the terrace we were in. They had flaws, they were sage-like, some carried the fur on their bodies like crowns and they had a lifespan of two weeks. The woman who took care of these penguins explained to me that never before has there been such an ancient animal that has been witnessed to take on practices of humans-And that must mean they were so ancient that there forefather's witnessed what our forefather's did.
The most challenging thing, she added- was that because their life was only two weeks before they dissipated into the universe, they had to explain to their next of kin all that they know in life and the history of their people in this short amount of time. Which they did, because they were such highly intelligent, mythical creatures.


I woke up just like a child that thought she met the tooth fairy, except- i dreamt of penguins?
I'm really hoping for this year to be full of beautiful surprises. I want to be more funny and a better cook. I'd like to bake more, sleep more- and have no reason to get out of bed on a Fri morning more. I want to wear heels more and be sneaky more. I want to cuddle more and read more. I want to be a better writer more and try to save the world more. I want to find out about myself and others more.
xx

1 Comments:

At 1/08/2007 10:21 AM, Blogger channahboo said...

Two penguins are standing on an iceberg in the middle of Antarctica.

The 1st penguin says to the 2nd penguin: "You know... You look like you're wearing a tuxedo"

The 2nd penguin answers "What makes you think that I'm not?"

 

Post a Comment