Monday, January 15, 2007

hmmm.. as i tap my chin

There is a man that does his prayers in the abandoned orange orchard outside my office. The first few times i heard him, I frantically searched for a vulnerable old man, being attacked by good for nothings within my eyesight from my fourth floor window.

I learned what Hungarian sounded like when a man with a severe case of turret's or schizophrenia had a conversation with what i believed to be nothing, as i strolled from the beach over the weekend.

I saw the worst transvestite ever at the Tachana Merkozit (and i know Katoy's, i lived in Thailand after all. He was short and anorexic looking, wearing a short skirt and obviously hasn't completed his hormone injections, but walked like she did.

I witnessed my first apartment fire ever, right around the corner from my building. The elderly couple stared helplessly as the shingles on the shutters melted onto the street. With my shirt covering my nose, i felt angry at how helpless i felt, and even more frustrated to wait for the firemen to arrive.

I had a great Shabbat, thankful for being back in Israel and a bit shocked at how time has passed. Before I know it- it'll be Pesach.. for my third time. Before I know it, i am set to complete to most challenging thing I've ever done. and all this time, i am curious to know if it all was fate- because i don't know if i believe in it anymore. Well, i stated that this week anyway.

I danced with a kindred spirit after happy hour to red-red wine, and giggled the entire time as he spun me around and around. This weekend was filled with laughter. I like it, it's the salt in my soup.

I'll have another spoonful please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment