Wednesday, November 15, 2006

stick me.


I was playing hopscotch through central Tel Aviv last night. The big guys didn't think rain was an issue when laying the foundation for this city. Coming from Oklahoma, the term "flash flood" was as common as our wet socks when Tornado season danced into our dusty town. But ya see- in Tulsa, we had our dams, rivers, and ditches to control the water, the only problem was that the flat lands of the midwest could never hold all the water the skies dropped on us. Tel Aviv didn't even try to build a few streams to run through the city, it would have been pretty. We could have gone fishing for middleeastern Crawdads.

.
Pharmaceutical companies didn't heed it important to mention to the women of the world the side-effects of stopping your pill are a pain-in-the-___. Side-affects of anything are never a reason strong enough to place the blame %100. They are however, an interesting explanation to why I have felt like a yarn of emotions, a bit animalistic, and my tolerance level for almost everything is balanced on the tip of a needle.
.
.
Speaking of needles, due to the world moving around me, and my mind always trying to untie itself more and more into my Judaism, I have realized I have little time to give to create peace of my own. I'm quite an analyzer by birth and all the ruminating, contemplating, musing, absorption the last 18 months has placed on my plate, has left my head constantly spinning between the universe and my broken toilet at home. I called up a friend, who is an acupuncturist and set an appointment for yesterday evening.
..
..
The minute that needle went in between my eyes, A warm rush went through my body and seemed to have released that "broken-hearted feeling" (aka ball of stress) in my chest. As the light pinches swept through out my body, I felt in a very warm and safe place.
.
For the rest of the evening, I felt on cloud 8.765. Thank you Chinese medicine. I caught up with a friend and we filled our bellies with the best Kosher Sushi on this side of the Meditteranean and I walked my pleasant self pleasantly home. As I approached a bus stop on the way, an older man was leaning towards the side of the booth, in full view of the passerbys. I looked at him and then followed his eyes downward where he was fully exposed.
..
..
Gasp. "ugh", "Argh" gasp gasp. Gave him an evil eye and walked faster-completely disturbed by what I just witnessed. The Sushi in my stomach mixed itself with the disturbing emotion that flowed through me. I shivered in disgust all the way home as I continued to hopscotch myself through the rain puddles.
...
...
In bed by 10:30. Stupid old man. you almost almost almost unchilled me. Bang Bang. (cowboy gun motion right about now).

3 Comments:

At 11/15/2006 4:41 PM, Blogger Dot Co Dot Il said...

Ruminating - Nice word :)

 
At 11/15/2006 11:58 PM, Blogger Channah said...

You haven't lived in TA until a fat hairy man with teeny tiny... eyes... flashes at you.

Welcome to the city of sin baby!

 
At 11/17/2006 3:58 PM, Blogger Dazed Glonut said...

There must be something in the rainwater falling on TA...the seedy little buggers are everywhere!

 

Post a Comment