Sunday, July 23, 2006

Seasonal Self Awareness

Life is a progression. I am pretty addicted to the fact that no year is the same as the one before, and one must always progress spiritually, intellectually, scandalously into the upcoming year. Right now, I'm learning a lot about myself, and ever since I signed up for Thailand, and stumbled into Israel- my life has been an accelerated learning experience. I have a high tech filter on- as to know what experiences to allow to penetrate me and humble me, what experiences I should wrap in a silken hankercheif and place in my pocket, and which ones I need to discard with the trash every morning before work.



The past two weeks I've needed to filter the natural worrying a war does to a Ginrod. From the past week, another soldier will be buried next to Tsiki, suddenly the small military section of Maskeret Batya is becoming more and more busy with the new sand of a freshly dug plot. New girlfriends and brides are experiencing a loss I have been coming to terms with in the past year and a half. The nation knows what's it's like to lose their young men in uniforms, they commemorate it every year unlike any other nation, but not many know what's it's like to lose your soulmate. So when I hear that the fiance of a kidnapped soldier is %100 sure he's coming home into her arms, because "they have a future planned together". I simply look the other way and hope her wishes come true, I don't want her part of my group. She needs a happy ending to her dream. I simply have to create a new happy ending for mine (and it's coming along slowly).

Shabbat was a much needed rest: It was nice to shut off the disquisition of the ecstatic Journalists from the west, displaying their bullet proof vests and gloating over their strategic locations on the hillside. Spent with P Bonez and fam, it was nice to replace the stress of all the "what if's and What the hell's" with a sleeping baby on my chest. It's amazing what love seems to seep through ones pores when you see a 3 month old smile, it's amazing how you still get that oogly feeling when they vomit all over your arms. If it was so pleasant to hold such a small thing as a bystander, the immense joy to hold it as your own must be abysmal.

So in the spirit of my response to one of my hosts of "I'm blogging this". Please enjoy the following conversation taking place over a MyTastebudsAreThankingYou Friday night dinner: (if you don't like dark humor, please don't read.)



Host: So what does your father think of you
converting?

Ginrod: Not much he's dead.
Host: ahhh..oh.
Ginrod:
don't worry, he was a big fan of Jews. You know how Americans are sport fanatics
and have "sport rooms?" He had something like that, but for Jews. Limited
edition posters etc.
Host: Really? That's cool.
Did he have a Jew? You know, like how they have "Filipinos" here?
Ginrod: sure did. In a cage in the corner. But you know-
just like plants only grow to the limit of the size of the pot their in, Jews
only grow to the size that their cage was in. So we had to replace him with a
statue.
Host: (who is short). Yeah, I was in a
cage for really long time.....



hmm doesn't sound as funny when one writes it. But it was hilarious and probably extremely offensive to those who have tact. If it helps. Absolutely NONE of the statements in the conversation are true. Well except for my father passing and the plant in pot thing....

3 Comments:

At 7/25/2006 3:28 PM, Blogger BabyAdi said...

Dear Ginrod
Thank you for playing and partying with me this weekend, and despite everyones
warnings - no Gentile flu. Please come again as I have especially practiced an
extremely gummy smile and extra cheesy puke all for you.
Love
Adi

 
At 7/26/2006 10:13 AM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

Adi,
You continue to fascinate me. At only 3 months old your ability to utilize the computer is fascinating!!! I will make sure I am penciled in in a couple weeks. until then, i am practicing all my 80s rocknroll songs so you can puke on me more when you get to excited.

 
At 7/26/2006 10:16 AM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

too not to excited

 

Post a Comment