Friday, July 07, 2006

Frankfurt

So there is a fan mile on the Main river. 100,000 people congregate to watch the games on 12 ft by 12ft screens floating in the middle of the river. The Germans love their national sport. I saw a man in pink silken womens underwear marching around Frankfurt with a group of his friends following him in Metallica shirts yelling "we are not eggplants!!!"

R-iii-ii-ight.


The Navaho indians are still touring around europe breathing through their wooden tubes making that trippy, hippy music. (last time I saw them was in Copenhagen 2001)

German women can reach astronomical heights. Noo matter how much glitter they wear on their cheeks, those especially big women eerily remind me of the transvestites I would see in Bangkok, hunting foreign men with money in their wallets.

The beer is still in nice, big glasses.

Every item on the menu seems to be pork. But I am happy for the phillipino food i can enjoy from the family. In preparation for our trip to Berlin tomorrow, I went to the butcher and asked in my Ginrod German " haben Sie etwas anderers aus Schwein??" (have you ANYTHING other than pork!??" the women laughed at me and presented me the only meat offered that had no trace of pork in it. Turkey... i'm not mad at it.

25 year old friendships we're remembered and washed down with cappucino's. My German is being refreshed at turbo level and digested with rich cakes in my belly. Seeing my mother after 6 months, heavenly.

Hoping that the millions of fans in Germany for the Weltmeisterschaft in Berlin don't decide to take the autobahn with me. Although I know deep down inside that no traffic will ever compare to the traffic of Israel.

One great thing about being gone from "home" is the realization that you miss "home". More importantly: nothing is as great as your home. Deutschland is definately a big part of me, i've spent most of my foreign life here. But I really love my home, and homemade apple wine.

xoxoxo

3 Comments:

At 7/08/2006 4:43 AM, Blogger channahboo said...

Your HOME misses you a lot! No scandelous behaviour without you! Missing you lots and lots... don't get too used to the apple wine!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 7/09/2006 11:36 AM, Blogger IsraLuv said...

we miss you too! come home

 
At 7/10/2006 12:30 AM, Blogger DolceVita said...

my mango's await your return!

 

Post a Comment