Sunday, June 25, 2006

Mamo!!!

Recently I have found my life to be so predictable, that there isn't much to write about. I'm sitting here with a confused look on my face. My life, has become predictable? Yikes.

Yesterday I finally got bitten by the World Cup bug, and enjoyed a game and a half, which is extremely good for me, since I only enjoy watching amateur boxing and a light amount of college basketball. Low and behold, lightly past halftime.. Between Germany and Sweden, the camera man does a slow-mo shot of the German player with the ribcage tattoo, lifting up his shirt and wiping his face. Except he doesn't show the players face, just his sweaty torso for every woman sitting on a sweaty, leather couch to oogle over. The fact of the matter is: an ambitious gentleman with extremely sporty genes sweatily running over mowed grass, toes pointed better than a class A ballerina.. Well, that's something to admire. If all gentlemen exuded such determination and fierceness- one would have to lock the Ginrod in a steel cage and feed her carrots

I've thought lately to write my mother a letter. One of those "Dear Mom, I miss ______" letters and summed up by the whole "If I was a bad kid, I am really really sorry, It's only know I realized how hardcore of a lady you were, and if I could endow my children with all that you had with us, they would be extremely fortunate mini-ginrods.

The following would be the top ten mentioned:

  • Dear mom, I secretly enjoyed getting acute bronchitis as a child because I enjoyed the attention of you visiting my room every few hours at night to rub vicks on my back and chest.
  • Dear mom, I'm sorry I stole 50 cents out of your purse everyday after school in your classroom to buy a coke, that you forbade us to drink (only on Fridays). We could have donated that to the salvation army and bought a poor child a teddy bear for a cold winters night.
  • I do regret I never let you teach me Tagalog and Spanish
  • Thanks for letting me be a cheerleader, even though you thought it pretentious and lame, it helped me realize I didn't want to be pretentious and lame. So I never became Pretentious and lame.
  • Thanks for making me do ballet. I tend to imitate the moves I learned in the present when I become nervous in front of strangers.
  • No thanks to you letting me get a perm when I begged for one. It was one of my biggest fashion no no's.
  • Thanks to you not kicking me out of the house when I shaved my head so I could be part of small revolutions. I now appreciate long hair. And prefer larger revolutions.
  • I find it rather cool you'll dance in the kitchen to hip hop with Bryan and I. I know we got our booty shaking genes from you.
  • I wish I lived at home so you could ask me to mow the lawn, and I could make Bry do it, while I sat on a tree branch and sang NKOTB songs at the top of my lungs.
  • Thanks for swinging me the extra bucks to buy my 1976 Vespa 90. I was way cool for a little bit.

5 Comments:

At 6/27/2006 3:37 AM, Blogger alias pail said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/27/2006 3:38 AM, Blogger alias pail said...

uh, you just got the fever now? everyday for lunch, sandro, dave, and i cut to the bar to watch a half and drink a beer. then we all watch live stream of all the games all day at work on espn 360. i'll be in england this sat in time for the sat england game. i was in korean town when the koreans lost. it was f*ing awesome. foreign language chants. fav moment so far: off the chest and kick goal by argentina in overtime. that's the stuff dreams are made of.

 
At 6/27/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Ginrod Isus said...

umm. i think my brother is the only one that reads my blog.

 
At 6/28/2006 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read it...

 
At 6/29/2006 11:03 PM, Blogger alias pail said...

uh i don't read you blog. i live your blog!

 

Post a Comment